embyupdate is a plugin that lets you automatically update Emby‘s library whenever you change your beets library.
embyupdate plugin, enable it in your configuration (see Using Plugins). Then, you’ll probably want to configure the specifics of your Emby server. You can do that using an
emby: section in your
config.yaml, which looks like this:
emby: host: localhost port: 8096 username: user apikey: apikey
To use the
embyupdate plugin you need to install the requests library with:
pip install requests
With that all in place, you’ll see beets send the “update” command to your Emby server every time you change your beets library.
The available options under the
emby: section are:
- host: The Emby server host. You also can include
- port: The Emby server port. Default: 8096
- username: A username of a Emby user that is allowed to refresh the library.
- apikey: An Emby API key for the user.
- password: The password for the user. (This is only necessary if no API key is provided.)
You can choose to authenticate either with apikey or password, but only one of those two is required.